Indian primary steel producers have rarely used product branding as a sales strategy, Jindal Steel & Power Limited has forayed into retail with the launch of Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars. The product brand Panther has been created to have a unique identity for JSPL in a highly undifferentiated & Commoditized TMT market. Our entry into retail is spurred with an aim to provide top quality reinforced bars to housing segment. Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars are inspired by the strength and agility of the powerful black feline and promises to empower every Indian home by offering strength and purity to its construction.
These rebars are technically advanced thermo-mechanically treated and are different from the rest owing to the state-of–the art manufacturing HYQST technology from the leaders in the rebar production M/S MORGAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (NOW SIEMENS) of USA. The following points give Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars an advantage over their competitors:
- Weight/unit length: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars are rolled in close tolerance zone promising same strength than similar TMT of the same sectional properties.
- Bond Strength: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have uniform and precise parallel rib pattern, ensuring excellent bonding with concrete, which provides superior strength to the buildings.
- Dimensions: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have close dimensional tolerance, superior surface finish, standard weights, lengths as mentioned in the standards and uniform & precise rib pattern.
- Bendability: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have high elongation which means that the TMT bars are capable of absorbing large amount of energy by plastic deformation before undergoing failure by fracture – a boon for constructions in the seismic zones.
- Weld-ability: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have low carbon equivalent and is directly related to hydrogen induced cold cracking which is the most common weld defect for steel. Higher concentration of carbon and other alloying element tend to increase hardness and decrease weld-ability.
- Corrosion Resistant: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have minimum or negligible residual stresses in order to prevent any chance of rusting. And also by micro-alloying with small amount of Cr and Cu besides low C content, coupled with the state-of-the-art rolling technology, which imparts excellent corrosion resisting properties in the TMT bars.
- Earthquake Resistant: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have high UTS/YS ratio which signifies that steel is capable of elongating to a large extent when loaded beyond yield point as in the situation of an earthquake. It is with this view that some of the international specifications stipulate fairly high values for the UTS / YS ratio.
- Durability & Strength: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have very low level of Sulphur and Phosphorous as they reduce the strength of the material and make them brittle. Excess level of Sulphur can lead to hot shortness wherein the melting point of steel gets lowered, thus making steel more prone to failure under extreme high temperature conditions. Excess level of Phosphorous can lead to cold shortness wherein the steel undergoes brittle fracture while working in extremely cold condition and thus becomes more prone to cracking.
- Cost Savings: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars have high UTS/YS ratio and high elongation which results in lesser consumption of the similar TMT of the same sectional properties but with low UTS/YS ratio and lesser elongation. As per studies TMT with high strength saves about 10-12% than corresponding lesser strength TMT.
- Process Route: Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars are produced using the superior and clean steel billets produced at JSPL, Raigarh through the BF/DRI-EAF-LRF-CCM route with highly controlled steel chemistry with very low levels of sulphur and phosphorus (less than 0.035%), and very low levels of inclusion and tramp elements.
Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars are produced using the superior and clean steel billets produced at JSPL, Raigarh through the BF/DRI-EAF-LRF-CCM route with highly controlled steel chemistry, very low levels of sulphur and phosphorus (less than 0.035%), and very low levels of inclusion and tramp elements.
Our Steel making and TMT manufacturing process has to pass through strict quality control norms in our laboratories, which are NABL (National Accreditation Board of Laboratories) certified, which confirms the purity and quality in Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars.
Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars are sold in retail shops only in pieces.
Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars in pieces offer you the following advantages:
- Guaranteed weight in each piece.
- Procure exact pieces as recommended by designer/architecture.
- Avoids wastages in sites as exact number of pieces is purchased.
- Guarantees customer satisfaction by reduction in delays and reduces labour cost.
Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars are delivered to the customers at free of cost.
Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars are manufactured in a world class state-of-the-art rolling mill ensuring excellent yield strength exceeding the values mentioned in the standard IS-1786 and resulting in material saving of 14-15% compared to the TMT manufactured by the secondary producers. The Steel consumption depends on the strength of the rebar. Higher the strength, lower will be the consumption.
Every Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars possess “Jindal Panther 550D” along with the section, size and the ISI logo on it, embossed in clear 1 mt. intervals. Please do look for the authorized dealer/distributor certificate, before you buy Jindal Panther™ TMT Rebars from any shop.
EGrade: Fe500/Fe500D/Fe500S/Fe550/Fe550D/600Grade/Fe500D CRS/ Fe550D CRS grades.
Jindal PantherTM TMT Rebars are available in the following sizes as per: 1786-2008 for concrete reinforcement (in mm):
The rebars are available in standard length of 12 m bundles ensuring ease in transportation.
Jindal Steel & Power Limited operates a 1.0 MTPA capacity TMT Rebar mill at Patratu, Jharkhand supplied by Siemens of USA, the world leaders in rebar production technology.
Jindal Steel and Power Limited commissioned 1.4MTPA Capacity TMT Rebar Mill at Angul, Odissa in 2016 with Technology from SMS Meer.
Jindal Shadeed Iron & Steel LLC commissioned 1.4 MTPA TMT Rebar Mill at Sohar, OMAN in 2015 supplied by Danieli.
In India total capacity of Jindal Panther TMT Rebars is 2.4MTPA and over all Capacity is 3.8 MTPA.